Maryland is home to over 6.1 million residents, around 356,000 of which are currently enrolled in Maryland universities. Of the college students attending Maryland universities, nearly 80% are undergraduates and the other 20% are graduate students. Rising costs of education have affected students throughout the nation, and Maryland residents are no exception. To relieve some of this stress, financial assistance through scholarships and grants can help lower the cost you pay for higher education.
The combined number of K-12 students attending Maryland schools is 882,538. Students in Maryland come from different backgrounds, with a diverse student population. Of the students attending public schools in Maryland, 35.6% are white, 33.1% are Black/African American, 19.4% are of Hispanic descent, and the other