Bold Deep Thinking Scholarship

Funded by
Bold.org
Learn more about the Donor
$500
1 winner$500
In Review
Application Deadline
Jun 25, 2022
Winners Announced
Jul 25, 2022
Education Level
Any
Recent Bold.org scholarship winners

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” - Albert Einstein

Our world is currently facing many challenges. Deep thinking and creativity are the only ways to solve our problems and make the world a better place.

As one way to encourage more thinking, the Bold Deep Thinking Scholarship exists to support a student who is passionate about thinking deeply and making a positive impact on the world. 

This scholarship is open to all students from any field of study. To apply, tell us which problem you think poses the greatest threat to the world, and one way we can work towards fixing it.

Published March 24, 2022
$500
1 winner$500
In Review
Application Deadline
Jun 25, 2022
Winners Announced
Jul 25, 2022
Education Level
Any
Recent Bold.org scholarship winners
Essay Topic

What's the biggest problem facing the world right now? What's one way we can work on this problem?

250–300 words

Winning Application

Emma Hintz
Abraham Lincoln High SchoolSan Jose, CA
Recycling is not talked about enough. The general public has been nurtured by manipulative companies that the triangle symbol on the bottom of a bottle, means it is 100%, undeniably, recyclable. The only solution is to create active change in government-operated buildings and believe the trickle-down effect will change the way we recycle. According to National Geographic in 2021, only about 9% of plastic is recycled, meaning the other 91% in the bin, is thrown out. The alarming number is caused by blockage of food scraps and un-recyclable materials. Since the 70’s companies have been trying to evade different mandated regulations about recyclable materials their goods are sold in. By adding the “recycle triangle”, it alludes to the public that the item is recyclable, when in fact a 6 or 7, is nearly impossible to reuse. The laws don’t nearly do enough to enforce real recycling. Enforcing stricter laws in government-run operations will integrate into the public's awareness. If your take away from a public school is they don’t recycle, you’d be conditioned from a young age to not recycle. By making recycling a larger part of the youth’s education, when they come home, they will attempt to remedy the wrongdoing of recycling dirty plastics. At schools, there should be more cans added to each classroom and room. When children are raised in an environmentally conscious space, they take that with them. Every government building should go through the same regulation of prioritizing the recycling of metal, glass, and plastics. With the government leading by example, the promotion of correct recycling retains its importance. Starting in regulated buildings can prevent more excess waste from being put out into the oceans and atmosphere. Change happens one person at a time, the time is now, and the place is in government buildings.

FAQ

When is the scholarship application deadline?

The application deadline is Jun 25, 2022. Winners will be announced on Jul 25, 2022.

This scholarship deadline has passed, but we have hundreds more!
Find a perfect scholarship now