Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a 3-sided marketplace, working with students, donors, and schools to connect students to the right scholarships and the right schools, all via the Bold.org platform. We’re growing quickly (for example, nearly 1M users in 1.5 years) and are looking for a VP of Growth to lead our marketing efforts across all 3 of these audiences.
In this role, you will work directly with our CEO and will lead initiatives across paid and organic acquisition, social media, email marketing, affiliate partnerships, and enterprise marketing, working with a small team to continue our rapid, profitable growth.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, ownership, and drive as you grow Bold.org.
We are fully remote and this role can be done from anywhere, but will require significant daily overlap with US EST working hours.
- Set growth goals for the company.
- Primarily focus on growing student acquisition at first, before expanding to school and donor growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of our student, donor, and school personas and funnels, including building any missing dashboards as you see fit and conducting user research.
- Brainstorm and execute on new growth opportunities with our founding team, ranging from SEO to Corp Dev / M&A.
- Lead a small team of specialists across content creation, social media, SEO, affiliate partnerships, paid media, email marketing, and conversion rate optimization to execute on the growth roadmap.
- Work closely with our Enrollment Sales team to drive inbound leads and provide marketing support.
- Manage growth analytics and insight tools to drive performance across all funnels.
- Design operational and testing frameworks to identify and optimize growth campaigns that improve efficiency and scale.
- Optimize cross-channel acquisition efforts to drive demand and maximize ROI.
- Test and iterate quickly across all channels to drive rapid growth.
- Work closely with product, sales, and operations.
- Be both an individual contributor and a coach.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to students, donors, and schools.
- Inspire a driven, capable team to do the best work of their careers.
- An experienced growth leader. You’ve been directly responsible for hypergrowth at early stage startups. You have experience leading growth teams.
- Deep expertise across paid media, social, SEO, affiliate, growth product, referral, and retention marketing for both B2B and B2C audiences. Experience with enterprise or account-based marketing is a strong plus.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You are equally comfortable with things like doing your own keyword research and in training others to do it.
- SQL experience is a strong plus. The Bold.org platform is extremely data-rich. You will need to excel at building your own dashboards and doing your own research when developing new ideas, identifying opportunities, and finding bugs.
- Deep analytical and strategic expertise across growth modeling, funnel optimization, AB/multivariate testing, growth product, and viral marketing.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with an innate ability to empower your team to do its best work.
- Resourceful. You love finding ways to operate quickly. You excel at finding rapid, lean ways to test exciting new ideas. You get energy from seeing successful results.
- You thrive in a high-velocity, outcome-oriented environment where growth is in our company-wide DNA.
- Polished. You write with polished, academic grammar and have an extremely strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.