Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a two-sided platform for donors and students (or anyone with student debt). We’ve grown quickly in our first year, and are looking for our first dedicated Growth Product Manager to increase growth, engagement, and retention by expanding and evolving the Bold.org platform and service.
You will work directly with our founding team and product team to research, prioritize, plan, and execute new features to rapidly scale the platform and improve our ability to fight student debt.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, analytical ability, drive, and ownership.
- Research opportunities for growth by analyzing our donor, student, and revenue funnels.
- Brainstorm brand new features, opportunities, and services with our founding team.
- Create and own the product roadmap.
- Track and analyze metrics throughout the user journey via Google Analytics, our own database, and more to guide focus to the highest-value opportunities.
- Design experiments and conduct A/B tests to drive growth across the platform.
- Write and prioritize feature specifications and take ownership over the product team backlog.
- Conduct frequent user interviews with both (current and prospective) donors and students to test and iterate on new feature ideas.
- Guide weekly sprint planning.
- Lead daily stand-ups.
- Work with the team to adapt our product planning and collaboration processes as needed as our team grows.
- Inspire a driven, capable team to do the best work of your careers.
- Experienced in SQL or a very quick learner. The Bold.org platform is extremely data-rich. We expect this role to know or be able to quickly learn how to build their own dashboards and do their own research when developing new ideas, identifying opportunities, and finding bugs.
- Growth-minded. You have strong experience growing acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue metrics.
- Empathetic. Bold.org users range from high school students to retirees focused on growing their legacy. You must be able to put yourself in their shoes when making product decisions.
- Experienced in running user interviews. We rely heavily on scrappy user testing to get early feedback on a new idea before it gets built.
- Great at dreaming big and starting small. You can take a complex idea and translate it into an easy/fast MVP that can be expanded / iterated upon.
- Ok with perfect not being the enemy of good. You’d rather move quickly and iterate quickly.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily. You can rally a team around a shared vision.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself. You prefer to spend most of your time as an individual contributor.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience in the EdTech world. If you’ve built products for students and/or schools, that’s a plus.
- SEO experience, especially as it relates to technical product decisions.
- Experience growing and optimizing funnels for any growth marketing channel (SEO, SEM, display, social, etc.)
- Familiarity with lean and agile development practices, scrum, and iterative development principles.