Why It Matters
Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a unique platform that works with both donors and students to create, manage, and award exclusive scholarships, fellowships, and grants, all via the Bold.org platform. We’re growing quickly, and are looking for a Donor Relationship Manager to work with current and prospective donors to craft awards that meet their philanthropic goals.
You will work directly with our CEO, Marketing, and Operations teams to guide donors through the process of creating scholarships, fellowships, and grants on Bold.org, managing the entire process with them from award creation through disbursement.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, ownership, and drive as you represent and grow the Bold.org brand.
- Become an expert in the entire Bold.org donor platform.
- Work closely with current and prospective donors via video calls, audio calls, and email to understand their philanthropic goals.
- Have 3-5 meetings / day with prospective donors on a typical day.
- Work with our Operations Team to craft awards that meet Donor goals.
- Support Donors through the entire process, answering all questions and making necessary adjustments to meet their needs.
- Coordinate between Donors and our Operations and Marketing teams to ensure scholarships are properly getting reviewed and awarded.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to donors, working with them to realize their potential impact.
- An exceptional communicator. You excel at building trust quickly. You seek to be consultative and helpful first and foremost.
- Experience fundraising and/or working with donors / nonprofits is a plus.
- Organized. You can juggle relationships and conversations with dozens of prospective donors without issue. You are comfortable transitioning rapidly between calls, coordinating scholarship operations, and answering questions over email.
- Experienced, comfortable, and graceful when discussing deeply personal topics. Many prospective Bold.org donors are creating scholarships to memorialize family members who passed away or other extremely personal, sensitive experiences. You must excel in these types of conversations.
- Polished. You write with polished, academic grammar and have an extremely strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.