Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a two-sided platform for donors and students (or anyone with student debt). We’ve grown quickly in our first year, and are looking for our first Social Media Manager to grow, engage, and retain the Bold.org community on social media.
You will work directly with our CEO, design, and marketing teams to develop and execute on a multi-platform social media strategy, with an initial focus on TikTok and Instagram.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, ownership, and drive as you represent and grow the Bold.org brand.
While this will be an hourly role to start, with the expectation of 10-20 hours per week, this has the potential to grow into a full-time role over time for the right person.
- Work with team members and ambassadors to create and execute on original social content and growth strategies.
- Design and execute social media strategies and campaigns across platforms. While initial focus will be on TikTok and Instagram, you will own strategy and execution across all social platforms.
- Set and achieve marketing goals, growing key acquisition and engagement metrics.
- Focus social media strategy primarily on students interested in Bold.org, while also being conscious of the Bold.org donor community.
- Manage and grow the Bold.org ambassador program.
- Test and quickly iterate on social media strategies.
- Work with product and engineering teams to create viral loops and integrate social into product features.
- Create and own the social roadmap and content calendar.
- Track and analyze metrics throughout the user journey via Google Analytics, our own database, and more to guide strategies.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to hundreds of thousands of students and recent graduates.
- Be the steward of our vision and values on all social media platforms.
- Extremely social media savvy. You’ve built brands across social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram, etc.).
- Creative. You can take the Bold.org brand voice and values and creatively adapt it to each social platform. You are a storyteller and an all-around amazing communicator.
- Polished. You have polished written communication skills. You can represent a brand well with total ownership over creating original social content, responding to comments and inquiries, etc.
- Growth-minded. You love growing things. You always look to improve.
- Empathetic. Bold.org users range from high school students to retirees focused on growing their legacy. You must be able to put yourself in their shoes.
- Ok with perfect not being the enemy of good. You’d rather move quickly and iterate quickly.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.