Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a two-sided platform for donors and students (or anyone with student debt). We’re growing quickly, and are looking for our first Operations Intern to help us better support students and donors.
You will work directly with our CEO to field student inquiries, making sure Bold.org members quickly get answers to their questions. You will also work closely with our product team to get feedback from Bold.org members incorporated into the platform. You will also work directly with our donor teams to manage the entire scholarship process, from creation, to outreach, to award.
You will be joining a small team as a key early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous attention to detail, ownership, and drive.
While this will be an hourly role to start, with the expectation of 5-20 hours per week, this has the potential to grow into a full-time role over time for the right person. The ideal candidate for this role is a current college student.
- Take ownership of the Bold.org contact form, quickly responding to all inquiries and building a playbook for responding to inquiries.
- Work with our product team to improve the Bold.org platform based on feedback you receive from Bold.org members.
- Work with our donor team to support the creation of new scholarships.
- Manage email outreach for new scholarships.
- Manage the process of awarding scholarships to winners, including getting scholarship funds applied to the tuition and student loans of winners.
- Help maintain the Bold.org site and platform.
- Support the team as a jack of all trades as additional needs arise.
- Move quickly and learn fast within a high-growth environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented. You notice the small things and can quickly take over error-prone processes with ease.
- A strong writer. You have polished writing skills and can represent a brand well.
- Comfortable with research. For example, you can go research a new topic and write an outstanding scholarship proposal for a donor interested in the topic.
- Growth-minded. You are excited to learn how a company grows and to build the skills necessary to drive that growth.
- Resourceful. You are scrappy and are good at getting things done. You ideally have some interest in starting your own company at some point in your career.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.