Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Bold.org is a 3-sided marketplace, working with students, donors, and schools to connect students to the right scholarships and the right schools, all via the Bold.org platform. We’re growing quickly, to over 1 million users in 1.5 years, and are looking for an Associate Product Manager to help drive growth and engagement in all 3 sides of our marketplace.
The Associate Product Manager at Bold.org will focus on learning to own parts of the product, gather and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, and work closely with the product team to build software that aligns with and furthers our business goals. In this role, you will work directly with our Product Manager and CEO and will learn from them and the rest of the team as you grow in your product career.
You will be joining a small team as an early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring a drive to learn and grow, tremendous creativity, and passion for our mission-driven work at Bold.org. You will have the support you need to help the team move faster while learning quickly.
We are fully remote and this role can be done from anywhere, but will require significant daily overlap with US EST working hours.
- Contribute to product strategy across the entire product, setting actionable and ambitious goals and working cross-functionally to achieve them.
- Experiment frequently, engage with customers, and bring your learnings back to the team to make our product better.
- Own feature releases from ideation through release and beyond, with all the design, engineering, and QA resources you need to be successful.
- Work closely with product, engineering, sales, operations, and growth teams.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to students, donors, and schools.
- Learn from and report to our Growth Product Manager while owning increasingly significant product areas.
- Grow into a product owner who is comfortable building and owning product roadmaps, running a cross-functional team, managing and analyzing outcomes, and acting as the voice of the customer.
- 0-3 years experience in product management, product development operations, data science, or customer support in an early-stage tech startup environment.
- A demonstrated interest in our mission and industry.
- SQL experience or willingness to learn it is a strong plus - other technical skills and languages will also help a ton.
- Some design and prototyping experience is a strong plus - we use Figma everyday to communicate designs on the team.
- Excellent communication skills with an innate ability to empower those around you to do their best work.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment.
- Resourceful. You love finding ways to operate quickly. You excel at finding rapid, lean ways to test exciting new ideas. You get energy from seeing successful results.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.